Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Conquest Rapid Z- Low light hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Bronze Member

Conquest Rapid Z- Low light hunting

Question for those who hunt deer/elk/pronghorn/etc. with a Conquest with a Rapid Z reticle. How has it worked for you at the end of legal light? Hard to see, still useable?
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 AM

Re: Conquest Rapid Z- Low light hunting

I have 2 3-9x 40's, one with the standard z plex one with the rapid z 600. It appears to me that the rapid z is a little thicker where the hairs cross and at last light is easier to see to me than the z plex, but the z plex seems to draw my eye to the center quicker because of the darker thick section of the crosshairs.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Silver Member

I have had a couple 3x9x40's as well. The rapid -z cluttered the sight picture in my opinion. I just could not get used to it. I thought the standard zplex worked better in low light situations. The rapid z did OK. If this is what you are going to go with I would suggest the 50mm objective lense. My buddy has this one with the larger objective and it is much better. Just my opinion though.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

The new version of the RapidZ is much less cluttered. I just looked at it this week at the SHOT show. I did not like the old one at all, and the 2013 version is nice. They are even working on a simpler version for the near future on the "Terra" line of scopes.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member

I you are into 3x9x40 and low light, try the Trijicon, it is a step ahead, I love mine, just awesome in low light or moonlight even.