Comparison of Vortex Razor and Zeiss Conquest Binoculars
Having not decided between the Vortex 8x42 Razor and the Zeiss 8x42 Conquest I ordered both for a at home layman's test and comparison. I made my own chart which was 43 ft. away and the test was held in low and medium light.
1. Both a friend and myself thought the Razor had a sharper image. Was it $210.00 better than the Conquest? I thought so.
2. The focus knob on the Conquest was firmer, which I thought was faster to get a precise focus.
3. The Conquest had beefier eye cups.
4. Though not as beefy as the Conquest. I thought the Razor eye cups were easier to adjust to get the proper distance.
5. A small point though I thought it should be mentioned. The Razor had much better designed objective covers than the Conquest, as well as thicker eye piece covers. I found the objective covers from Zeiss were so poor I would of ordered some to replace them if buying the Conquest.