Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Compact Tripod?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Compact Tripod?

I use a Bogen 3020 tripod that extends UP to eye level when standing...and goes flat to ground when laying down!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

For a true backpack weight (1.45 lb) tripod that works very well from a sitting position, look at the Slik Compact XL. At about twice that weight (2.85 lb) the Slik Sprint Pro EZ is hard to beat for the price (about $120, IIRC).

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Silver Member

SLIK tripods are great for the price but the Outdoorsmen tripod that Len has here is even better. it is made for hunting and packing. They are a bit more spendy but well worth the price! They are made in Payson, Arizona and are great to deal with if anything happens to the tripod.

So if you are on a bit of a budget go for the SLIK and if you have the extra money the Outdoorsmen is the ticket.

Mike

Last edited by silvercreekguide; 04-01-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Left something out
Old 04-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercreekguide View Post
... They are a bit more spendy but well worth the price!... So if you are on a bit of a budget go for the SLIK and if you have the extra money the Outdoorsmen is the ticket.
If Len sells it then no doubt it is good quality. Starting at over $650, though, the Outdoorsmans tripods are in a different stratosphere of price!

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 04-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Bronze Member

Yeah, I've read alot of good things about the outdoorsman setup.. Has anyone used the promaster T525P?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Silver Member

I have just bought one of the micro tilt Tripods that is alot like the Militiary M15 type tripod they are better than a camera tripod and are way better than the cheap ones that they supply with scopes, you can pick them up for around 40/45 Dollars and heres the best bit when you crank the zoom right up they are rock solid when you have to focus them, for along while I could never use my scope up above 20/24 and now I can run it right up to the top and the glass is crystal clear right to the edges and the adjuster on the tripod is very smooth, Its made a world of differance,

hope this helps

John
Old 05-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

There are ball heads and there are ball heads