Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

'Centre cross MOA reticle'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member
Re: centre cross mil dot reticle

Fractions of MOA works for me too-- heck just about any reticle with at least 2 stadia would have a tactical application.

But i must admit i'm beginning to like direct reticle windage reference more these days in the field.

Unread 10-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member
Re: centre cross mil dot reticle

Hey Pete,

Yep, that is indeed the SSS, the sheep shagger special. JB asked me to post it here. He has a centre dot MOA reticle as well..

And yes, it is basically a Gen 2 using MOA reference. Makes sense to me to use an MOA reticle if you are dialing in using minutes, if you reference your target size in inches(easy to calculate minutes)..F-Class weenies would find this a nice reticle for working in yards, reading wind in mph, reading mirage in minutes. Long range varmint shooters and hunters would find it nice to complement their rangefinders and windmeters to tune into the exbal ballistic programs. I've always consider imperial measurement more accurate than metric anyway, ha...Instead of using a slide rule to reference millirads to inches and adjusting, I would find it much easier to calculate in minutes on the go..

I'm interested in it. If S&B are looking to introduce it into theirs for 1/4 minute clicks, let me know more..

Be very glad you weren't up in Ettrick the past 2-3 days..Bloody rain was torrential, lots of flooding, wouldn't have been much fun stalking. Give me a shout before you make your way mate..

Jon says the stags are starting to roar his way..