Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

CenterPoint Scopes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Platinum Member

Re: CenterPoint Scopes?

Good to know. I'm thinking maybe I'll check one out...may be worth my time and $.

Last edited by Chas1; 12-07-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: no e-mail notification
Old 12-07-2009, 05:38 AM
Silver Member

To be honest, I think they are used more because they are airgun springer rated, and can be bought with milk and underwear, more than the fact that they are absolutely the best scope. The price at wally world seems to be about $20 less than online retailers.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Bronze Member

I agree on them being $20.00 cheaper than online !!!! And 10-4 on them being purchased along with milk and underwear !!!! I was'nt saying that they are the best choice's in Optics, I was just stating what I knew about them, from a first hand experience. I have LR Leupys, German Zeiss and other high end optics, that are far superior in quality. But these optics are a darn good (bang for the buck) !!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Bronze Member

Ok, I'll admit that a couple of years ago I bought two of these puppies at a gun show just to see (the guy gave me a money back guarentee and he had a brick and morter store).

I have a 2-7 x 40 Mil DOT with lighted retical and without the tac knobs. This lives on my CZ 22 Hornet. Front objective is adjustable for parallex.

I have a 6-24 x 50 with the mil dots, lighted retical, and tac knobs. I really do use it on my .223 mouse gun (24" 1:8 twist airguage barrel).

Both have repeatable adjustments (not NF but varmint accurate). Mil Dots are on (more or less) at 10x. Green and red lighted reticals have made last light and first light varmints accountable. Front adjustable parallex adjustment is pretty close to right on as printed. Focus's are ok. Both hold their zero when firing and even after multiple transports on the floor of my truck (soft cased).

Would I count on these to take 1000 adjustments to the top turret without the turret breaking? No. Would I want these to be my only scopes if my food or survival was counting on it? No. Do they perform really pretty well for what they are? Yes.

If you just need a working scope for non-critical shooting and life will not end when/if a knob falls off, then, go for it. I have had zero issues with mine.

2 cents worth. thanks rc
Old 12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

I took my first scope back to Walmart, but the second one works fine. It is really clear during the day, and the 16x is great for sparrows in trees. The mag ring has a finger that sticks out so it is easy to adjust magnification.10 for spotting, and 16 for shooting is nice.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Silver Member

I picked up one of these last night for my 22lr. Picked it up to try out, the rabbits around here have been getting shot at quite a bit and when you kick them out they dont stop for 75-100 yards...hard to hit a rabbit with rough irons on my Henry Lever.

I mounted it last night and ran out and sighted it in this morning. For a $70 scope I am pretty impressed with it. Doesnt hold a candle to my Leupolds, Weaver T36, or my Burris' scope but its a pretty nice scope. I like the turrets and mildots. Should be very usefull on my truck gun.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Silver Member

They work out alright.