Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Can someone comment on Swarovski's Ballistic turret?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:59 AM

Re: Can someone comment on Swarovski's Ballistic turret?

I have a Z6i 2.5-15x56 with the BT and 4AI reticle. I really do love this scope. I didn't find too many quality scopes with such a broad range of the power. I reload all my own ammo, and once the data was input to the calc s., I turned the BT to 400, fired and hit the target. Impressive. I also put a Burris fast fire on top for the really tight woods.
I like an advantage!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member

My business partner has the exact scope you're looking at. Using factory ammo and the Swaro calculator it's dead on to 480 yards (our furthest shot with the rifle so far). I think its biggest downfall is no windage adjustment, but otherwise it's outstanding glass and a nice system.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vette View Post
My business partner has the exact scope you're looking at. Using factory ammo and the Swaro calculator it's dead on to 480 yards (our furthest shot with the rifle so far). I think its biggest downfall is no windage adjustment, but otherwise it's outstanding glass and a nice system.
If you get the Z5 with the 4W reticle it has hash marks for holding for wind and when you couple that with the BT it is a winning combination. I was expecting Swarovski to come out with the 4W for the Z6 BTs but they apparantly have not. I have a 3-18X50 Z6 BT and love it with the 4 reticle but would have rather had the 4W. I use it on my .308 and can dial right on for each of the settings. I also interpolated between settings for odd ranges and it is very close. I have yet to find anything that is not top notch with the Swarovski.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Bronze Member

I believe Swarovski will annouce a BDC type upgrade for people w/BT scopes at SHOT show, at a very reasonable price. Combined with the 4w reticle should make a good hunting scope out to @600yds or so.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

I have Z3 4x12-50 Bt great scope glass is awesome , I have shot targets using there calc, with 180 TBBC federal loads out to 500 out past that I do not know no wind adjustment just know my dope from the range , longest shot with this set up has been 347 yards , ranged it ,dialed it ,shot it dead pig right on target , if you are going to shoot past 600 yards I would choose a different scope that you could dope . iMOP