Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Cabela's Euro Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Silver Member

Cabela's Euro Binoculars

Has anyone used the Cabela's Euro Binoculars, or know who makes them. I have had good luck with many of "Cabela's" products. I have never used any of thier optics. Any information will help.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Silver Member

Re: Cabela's Euro Binoculars

I thought I heard they were made by Meopta.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member

Vintec, they are made my Meopta (there is a badge on them that says so). I've had a pair of the 10x's for a couple of years now and absolutely love them. When I purchased them I had a chance to go outside at Cabelas with multiple high end binos and test them out. I had the Swarovski SLC's, Meopta (not the Cabelas ones), Leupold Gold Ring, the higher end Pentax, Nikon and the Cabelas Euros.

Best bang for the buck in my opinion when considering weight, price and optical clarity was the Pentax which at the time was around $600 ish.

Visual differences between the Swarovski's, Meopta's and the Euro's was so minuscule I couldn't justify the extra dollars.

FWIW the Leupold Gold Rings were the worst feeling pair I have ever held. I couldn't get the eyepieces close enough together without pinching my nose.

My Euros have been from Alaska to Quebec and have never given me a problem and If you ever did have a problem with them who better than Cabelas to warranty them. The one minor irritant I do have with these is that I don't wear glasses and most of the people I go places with do so the eye cups are constantly getting twisted in and out and now they are a little loose. I've just gotten into the habit of always checking them to make sure the cups have stayed up.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Gold Member

vintec.

The Cabelas Euros are in fact made by Meopta. I was told by Meopta that they use their best glass for their optics and the Cabelas Euros get a lesser grade of glass. They also told me that their glass was better than other high end manufactures.
I did a side by side comparison at dusk between the Meopta Meostar B1 10x42 and the Swaro SLC 10x and to my eyes the Meopta was brighter so I bought them. There was a several hundred dollar difference between the two and I really couldn't justify the Swaros.

JD338
Old 08-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
They also told me that their glass was better than other high end manufactures.
Meopta also supplies other high end optic companies with glass, they wouldn't give names though (I tried).
Old 08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMan View Post
Meopta also supplies other high end optic companies with glass, they wouldn't give names though (I tried).
Zeiss Conquest.