Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

bushnell warranty CRAP!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: bushnell warranty CRAP!!!

Having friends that worked there, I can tell you that the Bushnell staff, from sales to the guy mopping the floor, is overworked, overwhelmed, underpaid, and underappreciated. Bushnell consistently contracts with a Chinese corporation called SPIM (SPIM is the Chinese word for "poorly made crap"), and when the tidal wave of returns comes in, they expect (count 'em) 12 people to do all of the repairs. I have walked in and seen, literally, piles of scopes, binos, LRFs and telescopes awaiting repair with no end in sight.
Requests for more help, better equipment, and better tools fall upon deaf ears. The previous CEO was partnered with SPIM, who was a supplier for Bushnell Sports Optics, so he got paid at both ends (while the consumer got something else at both ends).

It's a shame, the people that work there are dedicated and hard-working, the leadership just wants to make a buck. If you're buying Bushnell stuff, here's a hint: if it doesn't say "Elite" on it, pass it by.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Silver Member

In contrast to this, I sent a Leupold scope away to the custom shop on the 4th March, it arrived the 13th(according to track and trace), later that day I got an email from Leupold confirming what I wanted done and asking for payment details, I gave them my credit card number etc and they said they'd have the work done and the scope on the way back to me inside a week
Old 08-17-2010, 04:59 PM

I purchased a Baush & Lomb Discoverer 10X42 binoculars about 6 years back for $580.00. they came with a lifetime warranty.
I have been getting a double vision out of them and cannot focus them in, also the eyecups have loosened so bad they will not stay out.
On June 29th I sent them in to Bushnell (bushnell ownes and makes Baush & Lomb) over night delivery for warranty repair, on July 23rd after not hearing back or receiving them back I called to inquire about them they said they have not looked at them yet and donít know when they will, still after not hearing from them it is August 17th and I called and was told they want $262 to repair them they are trying to tell me I dropped them. And this is not covered under warranty. These binoculars have never been dropped and when not in use were always stored in there case. They have always been very well cared for. There are no signs of them ever being dropped.

Last year I had a problem with my Leupold riffle scope was not able to adjust anymore sent them in and within 2 weeks had them back no questions asked.
I own another pair of bushnell binoculars and 2 - 4200 bushnell riffle scopes. Which I purchased in the last year. 1 riffle scope was messed up from as soon as I got it could never get it to sight in properly after about $100 in shells at the range trying to sight it in, they kept telling me it was the riffle not the scope so I changed to another scope and within about 3 shoots all was good they finally gave me a new replacement scope. This is all within a week of purchasing it.

No more Bushnell products for me, they have no warranty and customer service is terrible.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Platinum Member

Your problem with the binocular is nearly identical to the same problem I had with my Bushnell 8x with rangefinder. Would not focus. Still under warranty, they said there was no problem. I own about 10 Bushnell products, but never will buy one from them again.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Miller Outdoors

I've had nothing but good experience with Bushnell customer service. The estimated wait time was a lot longer than the time it actually took the units to arrive.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Gold Member

I bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 from MidwayUSA. It died after 19 shots, the POI ended upa foot high at 300 yards and the turrets wouldn't adjust it down.

So it was before the Midway 90 day peroid and I sent it back to them, I received a check in about a week.

I was coerced to try another of the same model so I bought another. That one lasted a little less than 200 shots. It was past the 90 day Midway return policy so I sent it back to Bushnell. It took them a month to process it, then a few weeks to have the fix-it person see it, (I have no idea why, I wanted a refund,) then another month to send the money.

I did get my money back though.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 11-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Silver Member

I have always used Bushnell Simons and Tasco have had good luck with all of them for years but now I have 7 of them in a box all with defects needing fixed was going to send them to Bushnell for repair until I read so many things wrong with their customer service. Now I will not send them back but also will never buy another one of any of the 3 brands which all of them are owned by Bushnell now. I hope they go broke soon. In time every one will learn about them and not buy their products. they are all junk now days.
It is our duty to let every one know about how bad their products and service really are.