Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

bushnell warranty CRAP!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Bronze Member

bushnell warranty CRAP!!!

Sent in my elite 1500 a month ago to get fixed just bought it 2 months ago . They email me today that it well be in the system in a couple of weeks and then 6-8 weeks to fix it and then get it back to me another week to ship it back .

That is great I told them considering I own a set of binos as well a 2 ,6-24x50 ao scopes and others over the years . They didnt seem to care and said they well get to it when they can as they are super busy . I replied in saying is there that much bushnell product that is defective out there . He didnt answer.

Just wondering is there anybody else out there that has had this great of service from bushnell ? I think 3 months to fix this is totally unrealistic !!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Platinum Member

Re: bushnell warranty CRAP!!!

Yeah, me too. Several years ago I bought a 8x bino/rangefinder new at $500. Had it a few months and sent it back, told them the right side would not focus. They returned it in about 2 months, service sheet did not say they did anything. Still would not focus and I called them. They said send it in again with a note telling them what was wrong. Few weeks later, a guy called me and said there was nothing wrong with it and they are returning it. I was po'd and let him know it. Told him I would never buy another Bushnell product. He could care less, and would not bend. I sold the bino and bought a Leupold, and I am very happy with it, although it cost a lot more.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 AM

i too sent in a set of elite 15 rangefinders to be repaired. they couldnt repair them so they sent me a brand new pair!! i'm quite happy. it did take a while- oct til jan, but i;m not complaining. Sure beats shelling out for a new pair
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Silver Member

When i purchased my scope from bushnell had a coupon for a bushnell jacket for ten dollars and said six weeks for delivery has been four months, going to post office to see if po money order has been cashed yet
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfhjr62 View Post
When i purchased my scope from bushnell had a coupon for a bushnell jacket for ten dollars and said six weeks for delivery has been four months, going to post office to see if po money order has been cashed yet

Have you checked the look-up?

bushnell.rebatestatus.com - Search
Old 03-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Silver Member

Zeiss isn't much better.I sent in my Zeiss Conquest in for repair in mid-January,now it's mid-March.I emailed customer service a few weeks back,their reply was,it had to be shipped to the factory and the turnaround is usually 8-10 weeks,still waiting.I bought a Bushnell Elite 4200,sent a ten dollar check for the jacket,never got it either.Website said the company that was handling that is no longer in business.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Silver Member

This is why I refuse to buy anything (except for moments of temporary urgency) from any of the Bushnell companies. Their customer service is a disgrace.

Barnes is also on my list as of my last conversation with Randy Brooks.

Southpaw