Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Bushnell Tactical Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Gold Member

Re: Bushnell Tactical Scopes

+1 for the sightron SIII. dont know on the price difference but should be close.
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 22-284 Norma
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Old 02-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Gold Member

I have the 10x40 3200 and the 6-25x50 4200 and they have both bean great. the 4200 is the most expensive scope I have had so far......$550 or $600 and I will be trying to upgrade on my next scope purchase but I do not know how it could be improved except an moa reticle. I would like to branch out but these have bean good enough to make that difficult........that is difficult to stray into something else I mean, so I guess that says something about them even if it is based on a limited experience. Good Luck
Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for all of the input. The deciding factors will be that the Bushnell has all of the features I'm looking for at a decent price. Top that off with the buy back guarantee....

That guarantee is something to note, if you don't like it they will buy it back???? Why not give it a go?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Bronze Member

I wanted to get back on this posting to give an update. I would up with a Vortex Viper PST. I am very satisfied with this scope. It works well under all light conditions including night hunting. Hats of to Vortex, I did have an issue with the illumination not working on one setting and Vortex fixed the problem and returned my scope in good time.

Unfortunately I had a buddy that wound up going with the Bushnell (Elite 3-12X 44MM - IR BTR, MIL) That I was going to purchase. This scope looked good out of the box, the finish was good and glass was clear. However, when we turned on the illumination we knew something was wrong. The illumination on this scope was a friggen joke. On the lowest setting the light was bright enough that you could not see past it in low light. I didn't look through it in the dark but it would not be any better.

We decided that no scope manufacturer would intentionally make illumination like this and Bill called Bushnell and spoke with someone there about the issue. The person he spoke to recommended he sent it in to be fixed.

Bill wrote a letter explaining the issue and sent his scope out for repair at the same time I sent out my vortex. Within 12 days I had my vortex back and on my gun. Bill waited and additional 2 weeks before being notified that his scope was being shipped back.

When he got his scope back the letter said that the scope was preforming within spec, no repair was done.

SO, either the scope was designed by someone who has no clue or their service department has no clue. Either way the scope is on its way back to take part in bushnells buy back program. I was very dissapointed in this scope for the market Bushnell is trying to compete in. Bushnell should stick to what they are good at, $100.00 scopes.

My Viper PST has made me a Vortex customer. While the scope did have a problem when i got it, Vortex handled it well with top quality customer service.