Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris Zee ring question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Burris Zee ring question.

I saw some good reports on the Burris Zee rings with the plastic inserts on another thread and I would like to know from other users what they think of them.

I am trying to mount a Nightforce 12-42x56 onto a Remington 700 via a Picatinny rail. The scope can not get anywhere near the point of impact at 100 yards.

The POI is 4 foot high and 3 foot left. I can replace the 20 MOA rail with a 0 MOA base to get the verticle close but still need windage adjustment.

How do you think that the 30mm Zee rings would go with such a large scope on a .308??? It may be the answer to my alignment problem with the plastic inserts giving me some help with alignment. Will they hold such a large scope?

I will need quite high rings as the .308 is a full Bull, straight taper Barrel.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Gold Member

Re: Burris Zee ring question.

The Signature rings will work just fine with that scope.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
GNERGY

I have 4 Burris Signature Zee rings holding a Burris Black Diamond on my 338 Ultra mag. Actually I have Burris rings on all my rifles.
Tarey
Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Silver Member

I have the posi-align Zee or Signature rings and they work great when you get the right combo of front and back inserts. They obviate the need for lapping rings, and essentially eliminate ring marks on the scope.

Please note: The 1" rings have a variety of inserts, but the 30mms have just two.

Please also note: The Burris website was written by someone who just doesn't give a damn! It doesn't explain the difference between the Signature and Zee rings (apparently they are the same item), or anything about 30mm inserts.

As I recall, the ring package insert explains the set-up of the ring inserts (which Inserts to use and how to place them for specific changes in POI).
Old 04-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=LewisH;496856]
Please also note: The Burris website was written by someone who just doesn't give a damn! It doesn't explain the difference between the Signature and Zee rings (apparently they are the same item), or anything about 30mm inserts.

QUOTE]

Signature rings have inserts, Zee rings fit weaver/pic style bases. Not mutually inclusive, they do make Signature Zee rings though.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies.

Do you think I would be better off, removing the rail and mounting a standard two piece base set with 30mm Signature rings rather than keeping the rail and using the Zee rings?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 PM
GNERGY

It's personal preference because I have both, but I like the rail better because of more scope front to rear adjustment and you can mount a level on it for long range shooting so you don't cant it for long range shots.
Tarey