Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris XTR or Sightron s3?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Silver Member

Re: Burris XTR or Sightron s3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
You seem to be pretty high on the Vortex Viper scopes, I will probably be buying a scope in that price range this fall. You like the Vortex better than the Sightron SIIIs?

The Sightron SIIIs are excellent, but they cost much more than the Vipers. I think the Vortex is a better value, but the SIII will be quite pleasing also.

Scott
Old 08-11-2008, 11:33 PM

Re: Burris XTR or Sightron s3?

i have both the xtr in 6-24x and a slll in 6-24x and the 8-32x both are the new models, the older model is good but the new glass and a few other things were changed on the new models for the good. put it this way i have burris,nikon,had leupolds and sightron scopes and by far sightron is far superior to any of the mentioned scopes above. i really like my xtr but it is not in the the same class as the sightrons by any means but the xtr is a tuff scope and i like it a lot but i sure love them sightrons a little better, if you look through one you'll understand what i mean by awesome!. Check out the reviews jason did on 6mmbr and go to daily buliten and click on optics or search google type in 8-32x56 sightron reviews,it had many things better than the nightforce and his second review said that the scope tracked better than what his gun could shoot. and believe me my sightrons track more percise than any other scope i own. Thats why i got rid of my 8-25x and 6-20x leupold vx3s to get my 2 sightrons and that was the best thing i have ever done in scope choosing.