Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris Veracity 4-20x50mm Riflescope w/ Ballistic E1 FFP Reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Burris Veracity 4-20x50mm Riflescope w/ Ballistic E1 FFP Reticle

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaro View Post
I got ahold of a 5-25 yesterday at the lgs. FFP, I think that I liked the reticle pretty well, it was the MOA version, different than I am used to, but I could get used to it pretty easy. I really liked the side parallax adjustment better than any other I have come across. I played with the turrets a little; the zero stop seemed pretty decent, but I did not like the clicks much. They were audible, but the 'feel' was pretty mushy on that one. Not sure if I would spend the 1250$ for that one, but would consider the 4-20x listed at 900$.
Are you sure you looked at Veracity instead of XTR-II?

VERACITY
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-5...iflescope.html
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-v...5-25x50mm.html

XTR-II
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-x...4-20x50mm.html
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-x...5-25x50mm.html

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

I have played with Burris scopes over the years and am impressed with them as much as any other offerings. They are not the very best and are easily beat by the likes of Schmidt & Bender, but for the money I think they are the best out there. I have a new in box Nightforce 3.5 X 15 power that I am selling to fund another Burris. Call me crazy but it is my personal preference. PM me for a great deal on a new Nightforce still in the box.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 PM

It was the veracity for sure, but the prices you came up with off of optics planet are sure a whole lot better than the place I was looking at the scope. They are always competitive with their guns, ammo and component prices, but are not even close on the optics end of things.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
It was the veracity for sure, but the prices you came up with off of optics planet are sure a whole lot better than the place I was looking at the scope. They are always competitive with their guns, ammo and component prices, but are not even close on the optics end of things.
Hmm, veracity only comes in Ballistic (varmint) E1 FFP Reticle (Veracity Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics) and XTR-II has G2B mildot for the 4-20 and 5-25 (XTR II Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics)

Old 04-26-2014, 01:12 AM

So does that mean these are released now in the US? I've been checking with places here in Canada and no one has even heard of these scopes let alone knows when they will get some in.

Having a hard time deciding between the Veracity 4-20x50 or the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP to go on a Finnlight 7mm Rem Mag, but having not been able to physically handle the Veracity I can't be sure. And reviews seem to not exist yet online.

Any opinions? I like the tactical turret on the Viper PST, but $100 less for the Veracity and it gets you an extra 4x power. Or any other options you can think of I would consider. I'm looking for 4x at the most for low end power up to 15x-20x for high end power, BDC/MOA reticle w/ exposed tactical MOA turrets.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2014, 07:42 AM

Feenix, I have not looked into all the details of these scopes and what they do or don't come with. This one had Veracity marked on the side of it, the E1 FFP reticle setup in MOA, and the other features that the veracity is supposed to have. It was in the gunshop in Atwood KS if you want to give them a call or go look at it yourself.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Feenix, I have not looked into all the details of these scopes and what they do or don't come with. This one had Veracity marked on the side of it, the E1 FFP reticle setup in MOA, and the other features that the veracity is supposed to have. It was in the gunshop in Atwood KS if you want to give them a call or go look at it yourself.
OK, that makes sense now.

Somehow when you said MOA reticle, I took it as mildot ... sorry my bad.