Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris signature rings?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Silver Member

Burris signature rings?

I have a 204 ruger with a burris signature select scope on it and I'm bottomed out on my windage adjustment. I have a weaver 1 piece base so there's no room for adjustment there, but my question is can I use the offset insert set for the rings to correct this issue. I'm thinking that since one half of the ring is thicker than the other I will not be able to put them on the sides of the scope tube without some sort of gap or issue. Has anyone used these with success to correct a out of windage adjustment, or should I go with 2 piece standard base and use the rear base to do the course adjustment. Any help would be great.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

Re: Burris signature rings?

yes , the burris rings with the inserts will help correct your windage problem. the inserts can be used in any position . for a 1 inch scope , buy the rings and also a set of offset inserts.the set includes a .005 , .010 , .020 . you could need two sets depending on how much correction you need . the 30mm rings come with standard inserts , and I think , the only offset insert available . Jim
Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the advice, I already have the inserts just didn't have time to try it. All my stuff is at my families farm, so if I needed to go another route I wanted to have it before I go back up there.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Gold Member

delete
Old 07-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Gold Member

Go to thier web site and watch the video. Signature Rings is all i use.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

BTW, what model rifle do you have? I suspect either the barrel is installed crooked, or the bore is not straight, or both. Have you checked alignment of the barrel in the receiver with a straight edge (12" steel ruler would work)?

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Gold Member

you say it's your windage that is bottomed out... so that means you'd have to put the eccentric ring halves in turned 90 degrees.

you could have a bad weaver base, base screw holes drilled off axis, or as bruce mentioned the barrel may not be straight with the receiver.

Just to be on the safe side, put another scope on the rifle. If the erector spring breaks inside the scope, you'll get a "bottomed out windage" symptom.

Does the point of impact move at all when you turn the windage turret? In other words, did it almost move to the center but then ran out of clicks?