Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris scope adjustments/Exbal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Burris scope adjustments/Exbal

I recently picked up a Burris Black Diamond 6x24x50 scope because I could get a really good price on it. I like the scope fairly well the adjustments seem accurate and it tracks straight. I have shot the box with good results.

The thing is the adjustments are 1/8MOA so 8 clicks per minute, but they are numbered every 4 clicks(1/2MOA). The result is a little hard to get my head around because if I need say, 8.5MOA I have to dial as though its 17. Fine on the bench but I am worried about screwing it up in the field!

Is there a way to get Exbal to output the number of half-minutes I need? I know I can make a drop chart and just double the adjustment numbers but it would be nice to be able to use my PDA for changing conditions.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Burris scope adjustments/Exbal

Something's definitely not adding up F., literally. I have 2 Burris scopes and they're both .125 clicks. 1 of them has 2 clicks between hash marks on the turret housing and the other 1 has 8 hash marks between numbers, so they both give the correct IPHY designations. Are u sure their isn't 2 clicks between hash marks on your optic?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscoyote View Post
Something's definitely not adding up F., literally. I have 2 Burris scopes and they're both .125 clicks. 1 of them has 2 clicks between hash marks on the turret housing and the other 1 has 8 hash marks between numbers, so they both give the correct IPHY designations. Are u sure their isn't 2 clicks between hash marks on your optic?
Heres a pic...4 clicks from one number to the next, yet 1/8 clicks per Burris and when I zeroed and tested it ...and I agree something does not add up!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Silver Member

I got the answer today. I called Burris to see what the story was with these dials and their answer was that the ones on this scope were the ones intended for it, but they were a mistake. Apparently somewhere in the design or manufacturing process there was an error and the dials are marked wrong.

He indicated they should have the new dials going out the door soon and took my address to send a set.