Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

burris mini spotters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2003, 08:57 PM

burris mini spotters

For chuck hunting and practice at long range would a big eye rig made of burris mini spotters be a bad idea? I was thinking of the 20x50mm because of the size and weight they would be nice to carry. Anyone have any thoughts on these opicts? And I guess I would have to come up with a bracket myself because they are so small. The price isn't bad eather about 70$ a spotter. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Re: burris mini spotters

Bubb,I have looked through a pair of them and they are worth looking at....For a pack in hole or anyplace else for that matter they would work well.I have plans on putting together at least 2 pair....... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 10:36 AM
*WyoWhisper*

I went to the Burris site.. they seem real nice. I have had Burris scopes and I am inpressed by them..

I couldn't find a price on them .. if you say they are only $70 a pair.. count me in...

Boyd.. who makes the brackets??? Why wait lets do this now?? Seems like the price is right and I can get a real good field evaluation for posting to the board in May on the guided PD hunts!!!

e-mail me and let me know...
Old 03-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member

I have a set of the Weaver 50MM spotters in an adjustable bracket that are outstanding and VERY light weight.

They are tripod adaptable and the optics are extremely clear.

The 60mm, 70mm and 80mm spotters when put into a bracket, are better for viewing but, for packing in, the smaller 50mm spotters will work fine as long as you keep the power of the eyepieces from 15X to 22X.

DC
Old 03-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

If the pic comes up, these Weavers weigh only 4 pounds with the bracket.

I'm having problems getting the pic to come up on Webshots.

I can email anyone a pic if they want to see them?
http://community.webshots.com/script...ecurity=CLqndY

[ 03-09-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 03-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member

Ric

None of the smaller 50MM spotters are good as the Bushnell Spacemasters, the Swift 60MM, the 77mm and 82 MM Kowa. Add to that the large Military ships optics to.

The Mini units are for packing in and they will work just fine for that purpose. For long periods of time glassing the far mountains, the larger objective lens units are much easier on your eyes.

The Weaver eyepieces are very large and they are 20X which is perfect for this unit.

The price on the mini Weavers (when you can find them as they don't make the Weaver in the model I have anymore) with the adjustable bracket is $450.00 to $500.00.

Mine are not for sale and I don't have another set of the Mini units to sell at this time.

The bracket to put the mini units (Burris or whatever) in will run you $150.00 to $200.00

I sent you and Boyd a pic.

Later
DC
Old 03-09-2003, 07:39 PM

Boyd, let me know how they come out, and what mount you use. They seem so small that I thought I would have to come up with a bracket myself. I would love to see a set put together.