Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris Eliminator III...For Extreme Long-Range Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: Burris Eliminator III...For Extreme Long-Range Shooting

Thing is, Burris customer service sucks. I wrote a letter to Rob Siemers not long ago and the d-bag never had the professionalism to respond. Buy up suckers, just hope you don't have a problem with their junk...
Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: Burris Eliminator III...For Extreme Long-Range Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBoyd View Post
No doubt it's an improvement over the original Burris Eliminator. I hope they don't make you pick from a list of cartridges and bullets. All it needs is two numbers, muzzle velocity and the appropriate bullet ballistic coefficient. They've adapted a linear grid reticle system similar to Horus Vision's. They don't say if the dots are mils or moa or what, not that it matters. I don't see where it says how fine the vertical dot resolution is. The old one only had about ten dots. Ok for a few hundred yards on large game.
Great comments. I don't see how just MV and BC would work (no bullet weight?), but regardless the eliminator lets you input your actual drop in inches. Either calculated or better yet via actual range testing. So nope, you don't have to pick your cartridge from a list. You punch in your 500 yard drop (100 yard zero) and BC.

No idea what the dot resolution is. The old Eliminator was 0.33 MOA.
70 vertical dots per Burris HQ. Just got off the phone with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBoyd View Post

I'll keep my Horus scope, Leica rangefinder, and Kestrel/Atrag computer for now. At least Burris is trying to integrate environment/range/wind measurements which can't be said for Leupold, Nightforce, S&B, etc etc.

Of course if they do get it all the necessary corrections automated hunting will become no more of a sport than killing cattle with a hammer in a feed lot.
Well everyone has to decide what's sporting to them. I know a few guys here have 30+ lb bench rifles on permanent benches in blinds overlooking feed lots.