Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

The Burris Eliminator 3 Rangefinding scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: The Burris Eliminator 3 Rangefinding scope

Earnie Bishop seems to like them. He has mentioned them here as well over on the Optics talk forums. You might talk to him about them. He has used the gen 2 and 3. Bruce
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green 788 View Post
I teach the students in our LR school not to rely on electronics as a rule, since they're so prone to fail.

Saturday we had a Leica, a Zeiss... and at least two higher end Bushnell rangefinders rated for 1600 yards. Not a single one would pick up the 1000 yard targets, simply because the sun was shining right at us across the mountain...

I'd say conventional scopes will continue to be around for a long time to come.
Have you looked at the specs on this tthing? Im as old school as they come and grew up rangefinding with fenceposts before milling was real common. Most areas with fencing I can get real close with nothing helping. In fact the 160 buck I killed at 350 this year the spotter gave me 490. I saw the fence and went nope. Shot him for 360 and he was 350. Spotter read display wrong. It happens. But I will take every bit of help I can get which come to think about it this would be another instance when this scope would be better. I agree electronics suck. But this technology is going to massively cut the time needed for a shot and elevation wise will be as accurrate as you are since your bc/drop/atmosphere data is what it will use.
Read the release this changes things.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Platinum Member

Find out where you live and where you are going to hunt with the scope because on some states they are not allowed on big game (OK for varmints).

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
Find out where you live and where you are going to hunt with the scope because on some states they are not allowed on big game (OK for varmints).
I wouldnt mind seeing a no game use law. I cant wait for yahoos buying them fri night before season.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Silver Member

If ya thought I was nutty saying this is the future ya might wanna take a gander at the HENSOLDT SAM. Naw sam isnt carls nephew hes the computer in this scope. 5 more years and this crap will be very common. I had the 1st bushy 400 in nw ok. I had the only one for 3-4 days. Not anymore. Electronics start out high and hard to find and then in 2 yrs...3....4...5? Its $400 for a 52 lcd tv at wally world.