Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris 6-24 Black Diamond w/ ballistic mil dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Burris 6-24 Black Diamond w/ ballistic mil dot

Well, I called and emailed Burris. They told me the black diamond has 1/8" click adjustments. I told them I had held and inspected a 6-24 with 1/4" adjustments. They replied the 6-24 was 1/8" and has always been 1/8" So, I drove back to Cabelas and looked at the quarter inch per click knobs one more time. Again Burris assured me the 6-24 had 1/8 inch adjustments and always had. Maybe I should send a picture of the bloody knobs!

I next asked about the fulfield II tactical with the numbers going in reverse order. They told me they would be happy to send me replacement turrets for it. When I asked if the replacement turrets ended on a whole number unlike the backwards version, they gave me a hesitant yes. Come on!

Further, in three emails, they repeatedly ignored my question as to availability of sig rings for my cz.

I've always been a fan of Burris. They just weren't able to give me any confidence in thier products this time. I bought a Leupold today. At least it'll be easy to sell if I decide I want something else.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Burris 6-24 Black Diamond w/ ballistic mil dot

Its because of your guys experience I wont buy Burris anything. I tried a burris FF2 w/bal plex and found it was blurry on anything past 6x. The edges were fuzzy, ie. not crisp. Pretty crappy scope I thought coming from Burris. I haven't talked to there techs or anything like that, but from what Ive read about others, they aren't near as good as Leupold or some of the others. I guess it just depends on who you talk to though. I've not had 1 problem with all the Leupolds I've ever owned. Talk to the next guy and he could have had 3 problems with leupold out of 3 scopes. Weird!! Point is, quality control can be missed as were all only human, but thats what customer service is for. This is where I've heard/read Burris fails miserably, and there made in the USA. Thats not a good thing.