Re: Burris 6-24 Black Diamond w/ ballistic mil dot
Thanks for the input on the tracking and eye relief.
What I want is hash marks on the windage reticle. The other mil dot scope I own is designed to function at 12x. Max power for this scope is 14, and at 14x the mils equal 3" instead of 3.6. This makes the math easy for holding into the wind. I think the 6-24 has the mil dots functioning at 12-14x. I also think at some point those dots will equal 2".
The BDC reticle would also be a bonus for quick shots out to 500 or so.
What I'd like is a reticle like the Nightforce np r1 or 2 without the bulk and pricetag of a Nightforce. I've only owned one Burris, several years ago. It was a 4-16 sig. I remember being happy with the scope. But, I didn't shoot long range then.
I'll look at any scope that has the features I want. They include:
1. accurate tracking
2. power up to 20x
3. marks on the windage
4. nice knobs- I don't want tall target knobs or really big knobs. I like the knobs on my Nikon buckmaster.
5. 1/4" adjustments
6. at least 40" of elevation adjustment
7. adjustable parralax/ focus
8. good glass - I am happy with the glass on my Nikon Monarch, for a benchmark.
9. affordable price - the $7-800 tag on the Burris is pushing what I care to spend
10. decent size - I looked at the nightforce. Too bulky for my taste.
I would appreciate any advice or suggetions.