Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Burris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Silver Member

Burris

Has any one used a burrisC4 scope and how do you like it.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Silver Member

Re: Burris

I have used one for the last three months on my .243 and put 500 shots through the gun using it. I definitely can say I like the scope. This is my first Burris. Pretty much a Leupold guy. I find the turret very nice and the scope to be about $200 underpriced. My biggest surprise is how bright the glass was for the money. Love the wind recticle too. If I had a need for another, I would get one.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Bronze Member

I have one on my Rem cdl sf in 270 wsm. I have always used burris and think for the money they are extremely underrated and their customer service is second to none. The glass is clear as always. I got the custom turrent calibrated for my deer load(Sierra 140 gr. Gameking SBT). The turrent is right on out to 600 yrds, have actually shot it that far. I would recommend it to anyone. I plan on having them make me a custom turrent for by fullfield II, which is the same one they use for the C4. I found it the cheapest on black bear sporting goods website($349).
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Silver Member

How did you generate your velocity for your turret. I did the chronograph routine but didn't trust the reading so I backed into the number with a ballistic program. Close but not perfect.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Bronze Member

That is the same rte i went. I ended up using Sierra ballistic program and it seemed to work pretty good. I was hitting a 12 inch gong out to 600 with just turning the dial and adjusting for wind. The shots at 500 and 600 yrds ended up being about an inch at 500 yrds and inch and a half at 600 yrds lower than where I was aiming. But for a deer rifle that will work just fine.