Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

"Budget" scope..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Re: "Budget" scope..

I appreciate all the information and I was going to go with the leupolds but I had an issue with one we had on one of the farm guns which was a 30-06 also. We had trouble with them honoring the warranty and I just can't reconcile myself going with them again.

I am sure we just had a few bad people and a rare occurrence but it still bothers me. I decided I am going with the alpen. I just keep getting drawn back to it over and over. The reviews are phenomenal and it has a no-fault warranty. My only problem is I can't go to a store and look through one before I buy it. Also if i have issues with it. I am only out a slight amount. Will throw it on my 10/22 or 550 and use it for plinking.

As I said thanks for all the info. If anyone has any specific information on the alpen optics of anykind I will be happy to hear it. When I buy my scope in a week or two(after vacation). I will let people know how it is working for me and try to post some pics looking through.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Bronze Member

ive heard good things about Alpen scopes and binos. thin u made a good decision. that scope does get very good reviews. i considering a pair of their binos myself
Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster80 View Post
for around 300 u can probably find a slightly used zeiss conquest 3-9x40
This would be your best option... Or save up a little bit more and buy a new one. Zeiss Conquest is the way to go for very high quality "budget" optics.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Silver Member

Sounds good...let us know how it goes once you get the Alpen.