Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics


Reply

Budget LR Scope

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,047
Re: Budget LR Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangaff View Post
Topshot,

Thanks for that

Join over at AHN aswell, we could organise a group buy, I'm from Victoria!.

I wont be buying till November so i have heaps of time but if your going to be getting your Bushnell at the same time well i'm willing to share shipping cost and try get a deal together

TOZ is also a AHN sponsor

Yeah i've heard good things - bang for your buck with these clearidge scopes.

I'm pretty set on it
Dangaff,
Have been a member on AHN but don't go there anymore as some of the members are quite rude and not very nice. They have no respect. I am sure that you know what I mean.

This site is much more friendly and has some very nice people on it that treat others with respect.. They also know more about LRH than all of AHN put together.
I am sure Jon will look after you.
__________________
scientia est potentia
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 68
Re: Budget LR Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshot View Post
Dangaff,
Have been a member on AHN but don't go there anymore as some of the members are quite rude and not very nice. They have no respect. I am sure that you know what I mean.

This site is much more friendly and has some very nice people on it that treat others with respect.. They also know more about LRH than all of AHN put together.
I am sure Jon will look after you.
Very true to both points.

While i got you here, you know of any US or oversea's shops that can ship me a HS stock without import forms etc.

Basically, no hassle, just buy and wait for it to come?

Thanks mate

Dan
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,047
Re: Budget LR Scope

Anything over US$100 needs a permit.
Boyds has some for US$100 or less.

Can get Manners from Lightforce in SA at similar price to imports. Otherwise get H-S from Grenfell in Bendigo.

Or buy Sendero complete with H-S stock and wack the Clearidge on top with a EGW rail and Burris tactical rings.

Plenty of options..........just add money
__________________
scientia est potentia
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 321
Re: Budget LR Scope

I would get a manners same price if not cheaper than a h-s,lightforce has a good range,mcmillan sends direct to oz,got one the other day off their specials page.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Republic of NJ
Posts: 922
Re: Budget LR Scope

Ever hear of Nitrex? It's an identical clone to Weaver, and I'm a big fan of Weaver scopes. I have this same scope in a Weaver, love it!

On sale too, check it out: Nitrex TR Two 4-20X50mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish Etched EBX Reticle - Natchez Shooters Supplies.

Good luck.
__________________
Red mist. It's an addiction!
http://varmintxt.webs.com/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 68
Re: Budget LR Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshot View Post
Anything over US$100 needs a permit.
Boyds has some for US$100 or less.

Can get Manners from Lightforce in SA at similar price to imports. Otherwise get H-S from Grenfell in Bendigo.

Or buy Sendero complete with H-S stock and wack the Clearidge on top with a EGW rail and Burris tactical rings.

Plenty of options..........just add money
I already got a Manners T2 on its way to me for my varmint rifle, but the HS stock etc will be for the 300WSM - Deer gun

I ordered the Manners through Lightforce, Andrew is superb!
Manners only have the one sporter style stock dont they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300R View Post
I would get a manners same price if not cheaper than a h-s,lightforce has a good range,mcmillan sends direct to oz,got one the other day off their specials page.
HSS also import them, but direct would probably be cheaper.

How much did it cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunthard View Post
Ever hear of Nitrex? It's an identical clone to Weaver, and I'm a big fan of Weaver scopes. I have this same scope in a Weaver, love it!

On sale too, check it out: Nitrex TR Two 4-20X50mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish Etched EBX Reticle - Natchez Shooters Supplies.

Good luck.

Yeah i noticed these, hopefully a review will come out that i can read

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Republic of NJ
Posts: 922
Re: Budget LR Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangaff View Post
Yeah i noticed these, hopefully a review will come out that i can read

Thanks
I have the Weaver version, and it is awesome. In an Outdoor Life, it rated second only to a Swarovski ($800 vs. $2600). The clarity is awesome, reticle is sweet, only downside is it has 34" of adjustment @ 100 yds. but a 20 MOA rail would fix that...
__________________
Red mist. It's an addiction!
http://varmintxt.webs.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Budget LR Scope
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget scope for 308 cdowell1972 Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 1 09-03-2011 01:24 PM
$500 budget, best scope and why? marcbrewer Equipment Discussions 10 07-14-2011 12:28 PM
WTB Scope $400 budget cummin_un_glued Optics For Sale 0 12-01-2010 12:15 AM
Mil Dot Scope $250 Budget... kristian55 Optics For Sale 0 11-29-2010 08:03 AM
Which budget scope to put on a .17 Kenster-Boy Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 4 08-23-2010 07:52 PM

Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 29.75%
47 Votes
NO - 55.06%
87 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 15.19%
24 Votes
Total Votes: 158
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC