Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Browning A bolt Target rifle update.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM

Browning A bolt Target rifle update.

I have had time to shoot the rifle, and try different ammo. I found that the Federal premium gold medal match 168 grain is what the gun likes. At 100 yds i can hit the same hole with three shots. At 500 yds i was able to get a three shot group right at 4 inches. So still under MOA out to 500. I put about 100 rounds down range. Now that the gun is sighted in and i have learned to use my scope at different ranges i feel very pleased with the gun all around.

Its a Browning A bolt Target model in .308 I have a sightron SIII 6-24x50 with target turrets.

Just wanted to post so that anyone interested in Browning target rifles could have some real feedback. I love the rifle. If you decide to get one im sure you will too.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Browning A bolt Target rifle update.-ip5-026.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Re: Browning A bolt Target rifle update.

I've always wanted one of those but had a hard time finding one. Is the set trigger pretty good on it?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Browning A bolt Target rifle update.

You will want to pull out the factory trigger spring and replace it with a Rifle Basix 1.25 lb or Timney trigger spring, then take all the creep out of it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.