Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Bought a Huskemaw 5x20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 03:31 PM

Bought a Huskemaw 5x20

I dont post on here a lot but I do try and share my personal experiences when I have first hand knowledge on an item. I recently had 2 friends buy long range out of the box guns. One bought the gun werks with night force 5x22 and the other bought best of the west with huskemaw 5x20. I shot both and played with both for several weeks before I made up my mind.

I ended up sending my Rem 700 chambered in 300RUM into BOTW and had them install the Huskemaw and work up a load. I received my two turrets and the custom load with gun on Friday. I went strait to the ranch and shot 3 shots at 200yds. it was dead on elevation but 3 inches to the left. Made a simple adjustment and shot a milk jug at 800 on my first try. I grouped 3 shots at 200 at 1 1/2 inches, sub MOA but I know the gun can do better. I need lots of practice and plan to load up another 100 rounds tonight but I cant say how pleased I am with the product and their customer service. I have their load and recipe so I can load as much as I need.

As for huskemaw and night force, I could not tell one bit of difference in glass quality or function. I didnt save much with huskemaw but their services were awesome and I am a vary happy customer. I has a zeiss z-800 on the gun before and ended up putting that on my 7mm sendero. If I can tune the sendero in I plan to send it in for the huskemaw system when time and $ are available. Just my 2 cents from a blue collered working American that finally spent some hard earned money on his glass. lol
Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Silver Member

Re: Bought a Huskemaw 5x20

Good choice I believe you will be very happy and satisfied with your decision
Old 10-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Thanks TR.

I looked for a long time and read lots of info on the huskemaw but it seemed a little difficult to find an opinion of an actual scope owner who went in with no preference of either scope. I just wanted people to know my personal experience with the product.

Do you rope the world series ropings there in Texas? I went this year to a few in CA. What great ropings and payback!! THats actually how I partially financed this scope!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 PM
PUBLISHER

I am on my 4th season with Huskemaw scopes.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors