Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Better Scope Caps?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Better Scope Caps?

Is there a better scope cap out there than the Butler Creeks?

I have broken 3 of them this year and would like to find something tougher. It does not seem to take much of a bump to break them when they are open and I do a lot of spot and stalk type hunting so they stay open often.

The Leupold Alumina look good, and I put a set on my one Leupold scope but I need something for the other brands.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Gold Member

Re: Better Scope Caps?

I have had the same issue, I put a small peice of colored duct tape over the hing. It keeps the pin from comming out and adds strenght. The Luepy aluminums are great however the plastic over the ends with the Butler Creeks has save me a lot of dings and dents over the years, really like the protection. Always looking for alternatives.