Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best spotting scope under $350, Leupold, Zhumell, Minox...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 PM

Re: Best spotting scope under $350, Leupold, Zhumell, Minox...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
The wind blew and the .... flew! I must say I doubt that statement EXCEEDINGLY!
I am not sure of the quality of the scope he mentioned but if I can clearly see individual pine needles at 300yds with the same magnification why wouldn't it be possible to see nails?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Bronze Member

Really sully!! Why would I lie??!! You don't even know me!! I may be a lot of things, but a liar, sir, is not one of them!!! So unless you have taken the redfield out and tried to look at gutter nails at 300, I think you probably should have modified your statement a lil!! I paid 229.00 for that scope and I hit the building with the range finder and at 302yds we were looking at gutter nails!!! Now I am not sayin I could see the hammer marks on that nail, but nevertheless I could see the nails, and for me that seemed promising for when I do get to the range with it!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttyt View Post
Really sully!! Why would I lie??!! You don't even know me!! I may be a lot of things, but a liar, sir, is not one of them!!! So unless you have taken the redfield out and tried to look at gutter nails at 300, I think you probably should have modified your statement a lil!! I paid 229.00 for that scope and I hit the building with the range finder and at 302yds we were looking at gutter nails!!! Now I am not sayin I could see the hammer marks on that nail, but nevertheless I could see the nails, and for me that seemed promising for when I do get to the range with it!!
Yeah! Right!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
I am not sure of the quality of the scope he mentioned but if I can clearly see individual pine needles at 300yds with the same magnification why wouldn't it be possible to see nails?

When "some" have difficulty counting tines on ELK ANTLERS at 700 yards...you try and tell us you can count pine needles ( just slightly smaller.......) at 300 yards. Yeah!....Right!!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Bronze Member

Well sully I guess you are just the optical guru!!!! The rest of us are just a bunch of liars full of bs!! Thank the good lord above you are here to set us all straight!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandToSea View Post
I just found out that I get about 35% discount off MSRP from my employer on Leupold. I just bought a Zhumell 20-60x80mm Angled Spotting Scope for $210 and am trying to decide if I should return it. I can get the below with my discount from work.

SX-1 Ventana 15-45x60mm Angled Black for $225

SX-1 Ventana 20-60x80mm Angled Black for $350

Golden Ring 15-30x50mm Compact for $300

Even considering my discounted pricing, should I be looking at other scopes under $350 such as Minox MD 50? My main desired use is spotting holes in paper at 300+ yds. I usually carry my DSLR with a 50-500mm zoom lens in the field.
Hi,

There is a few spotters that will fit your needs, Celestron makes a few models of their Ultmia Series in 65mm and 80mm and also a 90mm C-90 but it is a little heavy and no zoom. Leupold has some but I would go with something over 50mm. Bushnell also has a few models at your price and Vortex Nomad series.

Mike
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
When "some" have difficulty counting tines on ELK ANTLERS at 700 yards...you try and tell us you can count pine needles ( just slightly smaller.......) at 300 yards. Yeah!....Right!!
Since we are jabbing and being immature...

I can see your tiny wanker (just slightly smaller than pine needles ) and I am all the way down in S FL! I have no idea why you think I would say something not true on here when I am looking for advice, Jack azz troll!