Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best Scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Silver Member
Re: Best Scope?

Originally Posted by lerch View Post
"Swarovski is an interesting company they make the best binoculars and spotting scopes IMO (also the best laser rangefinder and little glass dolls if you are into that sort of thing) but as far as rifle scopes they SUCK, great glass but the mechanics are laughable."
I don't know about that, Steve. My wife collects Swarovski figurines, and not one of 'em will hold zero worth a damn! :mad:

Unread 10-16-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by LewisH View Post
I don't know about that, Steve. My wife collects Swarovski figurines, and not one of 'em will hold zero worth a damn! :mad:
That was a good one!

Kyle is your Rep. I handle general consumer, non stocking dealers, and some military and LE sales. Nightforce has never really had a person on forums to answer general questions and so forth, thats where I come in.

You can get into a Nightforce for under 1500. We have had a excellent year this year with, several new records this year. John Lewis was one of them that comes to mind. He set a new world record for IBS 600 yard with a Nightforce scope. It is good read and you can see it here, Daily Bulletin

P.S. does anyone know how to use Hyperlinks here?
Unread 10-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member

Of those the VMV series but I use USO and S&B for my new purchases..
The Truth Is Not Always Good For Business!!
Unread 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Silver Member

As Steve said, the guys at Swa-ROV-ski have no interest in the tactical market for us citizens. Such goes against the grain of UN convention

At one point, the thinking was that Kahles, needing an identity, would be the tac scopes. Their preliminary offering at SHOT was less than impressive. A stupid reticle and 1/8MOA knobs.

Thanks goodness for Nightforce, a no bones about, no holds barred tactical scope from the ground up
"See Better, Shoot Better"
Unread 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I would recommend Nightforce, USO, and S&B if there were no price in question. Zeiss are very nice scopes but there’s a lot about them I'm not a fan of. Leupold are great scopes and will do the job very well also price makes them more attractive. Still to me Nightforce for the dollar value is hard to beat.

Mike @ CSGW
Unread 10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Bronze Member

Not desiring to add contention here but a simple question might be what diameter scope do you want. Nightforce is 30 mm and heavier than a 1 inch Zeiss as example. I am also willing to argue that the image through a Zeiss is hard to beat and they even work in dim light. If it is just target shooting he is interested in, there are many who swear by Leupold (for long distance customized of course). I of course would use NF but there would really be forced to justify the scope and have specific reasons for its purchase. Targets are easy to see not sure spending a lot on a target scope is that essential. This is just my opinion of course!

bob chronister
Unread 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Silver Member

I have several Swaro's and I love them. I have ones for dangerous game and that is a very different scope than a long range scope. Swaro makes some of the best if not the best glass but others have better setups for long range shooting. For your application it would be hard to beat Nightforce. Leupold would be an excelent choice as well. I cannot speak to Nightforces warranty but as for Leupold you cannot beat it. You get your scope back right away. Zeiss has a horrible turn around. Your scope will be gone about 3 months. One of these days I will own a nightforce. I have only heard good things about them.