Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best Rangefinder in Bright sun??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Best Rangefinder in Bright sun??

Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Thanks Paul, Sounds like our needs are the same. What exact modle Swaro do you have?

I see it advertised as the 8x30 Swaro Laser Rangefinder. It's the same one Steve is talking about, and the only one I've seen marketed by Swarovski the past several years. I bought a demo or Shot Show model from an authorized Swarovski dealer on the internet which came with a full warranty for $729 about 1 1/2 years ago. I think they run in the $800-900 range, depending on how hard you shop before purchasing.

The other benefit of the 8x30 Swarovski RF is the glass is so good you can use this rangefinder as a high quality monocular if you want to save some weight by leaving the binoculars behind. I believe I've read that the glass is the same as the Swarovski 8x30 SLC binoculars, which is some pretty good glass. I've used mine spring bear hunting, sheep hunting and caribou hunting and the clarity is awesome. When I focus in on something at long distance I can hardly believe how sharp it comes into focus. You won't be disappointed in comparison to the Leica 1200s. The Swaro has better glass than the Leica and will range much further. Really no comparison performance wise.

Unread 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I need to off the two I have now and invest in a new swaro till I can afford to step up from there.

Steve, do you sell the swaro's? Do you take trades?

Thanks! Jeff
Unread 08-12-2008, 09:21 AM

Yes we sell them, we dont do trades though, sorry. I would imagine you could get good money for it on Ebay though, i know alot of guys having great luck with that.

Check out for all of the stuff we carry

Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST