Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best pair of binoculars for the money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: Best pair of binoculars for the money

Brunton Epoch is the best bang for the buck. I have a pair of leica geovid 10x42 but purchased my father a pair of epochs and man are they nice! They are just as clear as my Leicas but 1/3 of the price. Not to mention the best warranty out there. No mater what the cause if the binoculars are broke they will fixe or replace them for free.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:45 AM

meopta - meostar 10x42 or 10x50
Old 10-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member

I know you don't want to hear this but, look at your age and how many more years you will be hunting. Then see how much those binos will cost you yearly for the rest of your hunting. That is how I could justify spending more on mine. Hurt in the beginning but I would do it in a heartbeat again. Swaros are that good in my opinion.

I would look around and try to find a pair of Swaro SLC non HD they sold new for $899 when they discontinued them last year. Might find someone upgrading to HD and get a deal.

I use my binos more than anything else in my hunting tools well maybe not more than my boots.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 PM

10x42 Vipers
Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

When I bought my last pair of binos the dealer let me take home 4 others pairs of binos to compare them at dusk. I compared a Nikon ATB, Leica, Pentax DCF, Bushnell Elite, and Alpen Apex. These were all very well rated binos. To be honest I was shocked at just how little difference there was between the high end and middle class glass.

For my eyes it wasn't worth it to spend 3x the cash for only very slight improvments in resolution and clarity. I ended up buying the Alpen's and they have been fantastic! They have a great warranty are are very underrated IMO.

I think you have gotten good advice here. The ZR's are very good. The Brunton's are good too. Those 2 and the Alpen Apex's (or the next level up) would be the ones I would choose from most likely.

HTH,
Old 10-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Silver Member

If you want the best deal, look for Theron Optics. I think they are basically the same bino as the Zen Ray with a few improvements for less money. I used my 8x42 Theron's for my Mule deer hunt and I am in awe of how good these bino's actually are! They are the Wapiti ED APO's. They are one of them rare cases of getting alot more for way way less and actually doing just that. Your talking half that of the dollar range you mentioned and optic quality that will laugh at the Cabela's Euro's.