Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best glass nightforce or sightron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

Best glass nightforce or sightron

I am looking at the sightron as well as the nightforce. MY question is which one has the better glass? I know about the other options, I am just curiouse which one has the edge in the glass department. Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM

Re: Best glass nightforce or sightron

I may be a little biased because I own a nightforce, but I don't really feel these two are comparable. I have looked through a Sightron several times (couldn't tell you the model, it belongs to a friend), but I've spent hours behind my nightforce. I feel like comparing the two is like comparing a Corvette to a Taurus. They'll both get you down the road, but not in the same way. I don't know, that's just my opinion. I don't think the glass is really comparable.

-James
Old 12-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty6ixand2 View Post
I may be a little biased because I own a nightforce, but I don't really feel these two are comparable. I have looked through a Sightron several times (couldn't tell you the model, it belongs to a friend), but I've spent hours behind my nightforce. I feel like comparing the two is like comparing a Corvette to a Taurus. They'll both get you down the road, but not in the same way. I don't know, that's just my opinion. I don't think the glass is really comparable.

-James
I'm in the boat with James. I prefer the sight picture of the nightforce as well (benchrest and nxs) over the sightron.

Last edited by marinetowgunner; 12-05-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

WOW, thanks and keep um coming. I was actually expecting to here that they had about equal glass. I know the night force has better functions, but I was expecting the glass to be about the same. I am trying to decide whether to spend the extra on the nightforce or not. I have to buy TWO , so thats a lot of extra dough to cough up. Thanks for the info
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Me too. Every Nightforce I've evaluated had good glare performance, and good resolution and contrast. Every Sightron had below average glare performance and contrast. Resolution is usually pretty good with Sightron scopes, so they work fine for South facing targets at firing ranges. Between the two, I would recommend Nightforce for hunting, though.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_ventura View Post
Me too. Every Nightforce I've evaluated had good glare performance, and good resolution and contrast. Every Sightron had below average glare performance and contrast. Resolution is usually pretty good with Sightron scopes, so they work fine for South facing targets at firing ranges. Between the two, I would recommend Nightforce for hunting, though.

This will primarily be for hunting. I am also liking the idea of having an illuminated reticle for hunting
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Silver Member

I have both the Sightron Slll and a Nightforce NXS. I give an edge to the Nightforce on glass and an overall edge to Nightforce as a whole.