Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best Burris for LRH?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

Best Burris for LRH?

I have been given a gift certificate from a friend for some work I have done for him for 60% off any Burris scope or binocular. This came at a good time because I was needing/wanting a new scope anyway.

Is the Black Diamond line pretty much their best glass? I figure with this kind of discount I might as well buy the best I can. I want target/tactical turrets and I would rather have the style of turret that is on the XTRs but 1MOA click values makes them near worthless to my way of thinking.

I am specifically thinking about the 6-24x50 with the fine plex reticle. I did a search but most of the opinions seem to be dated some, has anyone handled or bought one of these scopes more recently?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Best Burris for LRH?

I would go with either the Black Diamond or the Xtreme Tactical, depending on the features and price you are looking for.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

Forester, I have a Burris BlackDimmond 4x16x50. I love this rifle scope. I have it on a 257 van. This is my fav deer rifle. I rec. the Burris Plex. This scope seems a perfact match for this rifle. The glass is very clear and clean. I also was thinking of getting a XTR. I dont like the 1"moa ajustments. I am setting up a long range rifle, and ordered 5x22x56NF. I dont know if their is any diffreance in the XTR or BlackDimmond glass. I do know the BlackDimmond is spot on. Great rifle scope
Old 09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maylor View Post
Forester, I have a Burris BlackDimmond 4x16x50. I love this rifle scope. I have it on a 257 van. This is my fav deer rifle. I rec. the Burris Plex. This scope seems a perfact match for this rifle. The glass is very clear and clean. I also was thinking of getting a XTR. I dont like the 1"moa ajustments. I am setting up a long range rifle, and ordered 5x22x56NF. I dont know if their is any diffreance in the XTR or BlackDimmond glass. I do know the BlackDimmond is spot on. Great rifle scope
I ordered the BlackDiamond 6-24x50 with the fineplex reticle earlier this week. It looks like I am going to have to wait awhile to get it and give it a try but it should be here in time to zero and test it before hunting season.