Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best Bino's your opinion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Best Bino's your opinion

I really like my 8x Geovids. Ranging is an added bonus.. I used Swaros up until about 4 years ago. Also very good.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

This really boils down to personal preference. Everybody's eyes are different and what is the clearest and brightest to one isn't so much to the next. That said, my eyes prefer the Swarovski ELs. Hands down. I know many others that feel the same. My eyes like them better than any Leica or Zeiss models. They're brighter, clearer, sharper and crisper to me.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Bronze Member

If you wear eyeglasses, also consider the eye relief of the optics. Lower power often has more eye relief, and can provide less noticeable shake.

I must say the 10x42s seem to be the most popular, but give me a 7 or 8 power set of bins. On top of that, I'll take them in a smaller and lighter 32mm objective. I have a set of Swarovski 7x42 SLCs and a Zeiss Victory FL 8x32. The Zeiss has good eye relief for a compact binocular, MUCH lighter to carry, great optics, good lowlight capability, and very good balance in the hand.

I almost never carry the heavier 7x42s anymore, because you almost forget the 8x32s are there!

TKAB
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

At one time I had the Ziess 10x40,el10x42 and el 10x32.I had 10x42 on tripod and rested others on at dusk and my eyes could hardley tell difference.I pack the el 10x32 because I love size and optic.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Gold Member

Leica Ultravid's 10x42. I think to me anyhow are clearer and better in low light than the EL's. What convinced me to buy Leica was the 3 different sheep outfitters traded their EL's in the Ultravid's while at the annual Sportsmans show.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Bronze Member

bought a pair of 10x42 meopta meostar HD recently. love em. perfect magnification for where i hunt and theyre built like a tank. was able to pick em up for a couple hundred less than retail price. ony thing i dont like is the flimsy objective covers
Old 06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Gold Member

looked through a pair of Swarovski 10x50Els......................a tad bit heavyer than the 10x42's but I usually end up in the mornings and evenings glassing at some advantage point ............and my rifle is a lot heavyer than the Binoculars and I dont compain to much about that ...................I still end up using the Binoculars 99% more than my rifle on any hunt ..............unless of course I miss the first four shots.