Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Best Bino's your opinion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Gold Member

Best Bino's your opinion

I just spent a week scouting my deer hunting area .................spent the whole time looking through my Binoculars. Right now I have some Eagle Rangers 10x42. I paid $300 for them about 8 years ago. For the money they have served me well, however, after looking through some of the better ones I see clarity that I dont have and light gathering that I dont have also.

If you were to spend $2000 Plus what would you buy and why, what is your experiance glassing with the upper end Binoculars. I hunt an area that demands lots and lots of glassing.................
G
Old 06-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Best Bino's your opinion

One word Swarvaski 10 x 42 EL. It's whats all other high end binos are compared to.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Silver Member

el 10 x 42 Swarovski
Old 06-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

I bought 10 x 40 Zeiss at a bird watching show...$1000 and Im glad I did. I had ( and still have ) a pair of Pentax 10 x 42's that are HD...and the Zeiss is still better.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Gold Member

How is the Light gathering early in the morning late in the evening with The Zeiss or the El's

Ive decided that I want the best and Will save up for the EL's I dont want to wonder what im missing out on and since I carry by Binoculars where ever I go ...................How durable are they, the EL's

Even when I dont have a deer tag when Im chukar hunting a love to get up early and spend the morning glassing to find out whats out there.

This year I purchased a MT. Lion tag and will be doing a lot of glassing from advantage points. Mt. Lion season last here in Nevada all year long...............
Old 06-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
How is the Light gathering early in the morning late in the evening with The Zeiss or the El's

Ive decided that I want the best and Will save up for the EL's I dont want to wonder what im missing out on and since I carry by Binoculars where ever I go ...................How durable are they, the EL's

Even when I dont have a deer tag when Im chukar hunting a love to get up early and spend the morning glassing to find out whats out there.

This year I purchased a MT. Lion tag and will be doing a lot of glassing from advantage points. Mt. Lion season last here in Nevada all year long...............

Its very good. I also TRIED a pair of 10 x 50's there....and of course they pulled in even more light but there was one problem. 10 x 40's were $1000......10 x 50's were $2100..!!!!!!!! They didnt pull in that much more light!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Bronze Member

I use the swarovski 15x56's to hunt these little coues deer here in AZ. I spend all day glassing wide open canyons for the hint of a deer. I get no eye fatigue and can glass all day without getting a headache. They're the best bino's for the money in my book.