Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

BDC Turret knobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: BDC Turret knobs

i also would like the program.

pleeeaaasse [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 08-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
If I sold these for a nickle a piece I would be rich by now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
hey BB i'll send you a nickle. I'm all about a man making a living [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] as long as you would be so kind to email that program to me as well crittergetter@grandecom.net thank a lot for your time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member

LGS &CG

email sent

Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member

A few instructions as best I know.

These two programs are "examples of how to do it"

They cannot be used "as is"

They are set up for for a particualr gun shooting a particular bullet of a particular BC at a particular speed, altitude, etc.

What you need to so is

Using a ballistic program compute a drop chart in "inches" for YOUR particular gun, etc.

Most scopes are marked in quarter inches but the circumference of the scope knob and how many inches a turn varies. I believe my two Luepolds V3 have 15 inches per turn. So your little tiny strip of paper must have that many inch marks for a complete wrap. Getting the program to print the right size so you get 15 inches spread correctly on the sheet of paper is a trial and error exercise.

In all of of this you have to go in and put your 200yd , 300yd, 400yd etc marks. These must have been field verified or once you have the paper wrapped you can actually use a waterproof pen to mark on the paper as you shoot the gun in. You then cover that with water proof transparent tape.

I did not ever personally use either one of these two programs. I acquired them out of curiosity as to how the computer programs were put together.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Bronze Member

buffalobob: can I get a copy of both of those also: ammohouse@yahoo.com

I'm the new guy here and can't read fast enough. Great info on this site!

USAF AMMO