Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

BDC Turret knobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: BDC Turret knobs

[ QUOTE ]
I make my own on excel, its a Piece of paper wrapped around turrent with clear tape looks good! you would be surprised) and good for 1500 yrds on the rum. I Put on a new one if I am going to hunt at see level or 8000 feet no games.
maybe I can put a picture on here later.

[/ QUOTE ]

got a pic...?

im very interested in doing this.

Thanks.

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 05-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Silver Member

I don't know if this is similar to what roygeterdone is talking about but here is a pic of mine. This was from my first attempt, using a lookup to populate the major marks to the nearest yardage by a multiple of ten. I have since changed it to 5 yard increments out to 2500 and then it goes back and selects the yardages to print on top of the moa marks. I limit lines of numbers to 2 (29 moa),but it could be reformatted for 3 (44 moa)but things get quite small. 0 to 15 right and left windage stickers shown... I always got screwed up with the windage numbers. Now I can keep it straight, out to 14moa wind anyway.

I'm working on one that you can manually enter drop charts calculated elsewhere and it populates the stickers, it currently only works for Leupolds. Spacing in Excel is column width .33 per 1/4 click if anyone wants to mess with it.

Old 05-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

This thread may be interesting to those following this subject. Most folks here probably have seen it. Scroll way down for some pictures of the turret wraps that emailed to everyone. Somewhere in that thread is the web address of a company that will make custom aluminum bdc turrets if I remember right.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Silver Member

HoytemanPA
Tried to send you a PM, your email isn't working. Could you send me the spreadsheets you have made up, it will save me tons of time trying to figure out marks and spacing.
Appreciate your time.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:52 PM

4ked Horn

Thanks again for your turret wrap spead sheet last year. Have them on at least 5 scopes and have adapted it to some other than Leupolds.

Works great for me. Excellent in the prarie dog towns. Only problem was getting my rifles back from my buds once they figured it out. They shot up all my ammo. Headed to South Dakota in a couple weeks and plan on also makiing one up for windage on both my 22/250 and .223.

Best to you.

tim wolf
Old 06-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Silver Member

4kedhorn, if you have the program for the BDC yardage stickers, would you mind sending it to me. I was just looking at BDC knobs and they were pretty expensive from leupold.
With the BDC stickers what indicator do you have to tell what revolution you are on??? I had thought previously (because I have a silver LR) of getting another turret cover and cutting it down on the lathe to get rid of the black threads and protect them and then re anodize or paint the adjustment itself silver so everything matches. I just hate seeing a black knob sticking out on a silver scope. I would think if the yardages were made very short they could dissapear below the cover and I would just have to put a mark on the cover.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member

If you don't get a reply from 4kd horn. Send me an email and I will forward his turret wrap and Browns Dog's to you. I have them both. One is in Excel and the other in MS Word