Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

B&C vs. BDC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 PM
SPONSOR

Re: B&C vs. BDC

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer neither because they are both just "ball park" methods. Learn to dial a turret using MOA and you'll be far ahead of the game and much more precise. JMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

JMHO too.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Re: B&C vs. BDC

Thanks to all for your input. I went with the VX-III 3.5X10X40 with the B&C reticle.

[ QUOTE ]
For a beginner trying to stretch out to 500 yds the B&C (or any other BDC) is good and easy. When the day comes that you want to shoot over to the next ridgeline at 700 yds or so, you will need dial up knobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my conclusion. Truthfully, I have only once taken an elk over 300 yards and don't have any desire to shoot beyond 400. This rifle will shoot roughly 3" to 5" groups at 300 yards so I don't see shooting much beyond 400 anyway. I have been out blowing up milk jugs at 300 to 450 yards and really didn't much care for counting out clicks to compensate for bullet drop at the various ranges, even though I was somewhat accurate. I have a .270 with the burris BDC reticle and I was just as accurate, if not moreso, with that system. Besides, I can always have the turret installed later. Thanks again for the input.