Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

ATACR Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Gold Member

Re: ATACR Reviews

Looking forward to your review Jeff, and especially what you think of the MOAR once you start using it.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I will be starting it soon. The ATACR and rings are on the way to me and I will be putting it on a new 338 Edge with a 29.5" heavy barrel. Brass and dies are headed my way from Defensive EDGE too. The rifle is being set up for a ELR elk rifle. I plan to have my 300 win along with a 5.5~22x56 NXS zs to compare images at all distances. I have all I need except a few more 300 Berger OTM's or 300 Elite Hunters. I am looking for them now.

Jeff
Jeff, I've got some 300 elite hunters if you need them---however, there is a price for everything...... (smart phone tutorial??)

Let me know and I'll send em your way.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Jeff, I've got some 300 elite hunters if you need them---however, there is a price for everything...... (smart phone tutorial??)

Let me know and I'll send em your way.

Randy
Thanks Randy, I appreciate the offer but I got some from Bob and Chris Beck at EOL.

Jeff
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Silver Member

Well Jeff,

Have a good time with it! You seem to be able to do that with most things here. Im near to pulling the trigger also on a Edge +P (July I hear maybe) and an Allen 338 mag long gun with an NXS. I heard from someone we both know, and just saw last week, & that the ACTAR is good indeed. I'll be looking forward to the full Broz test as always. Enjoy and keep us posted.

Andy
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

I am workin on it. She is mounted up and trued. I started barrel break in today. Taking lots of notes and pics as I go. The review will be from work bench to as far as I can dial her. Weather is going to be nice for a few days so I should make some good progress.

Jeff
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Bronze Member

I have 5 NXS's but have been shooting my friends ATACR. It is bigger than the regular NXS but really see no big difference. Glass and tracking is great as you would come to expect. You are trading a little bit of weight for another 3x of magnification. I didn't check for adjustment but I would thing it would have more than the 5.5x22 since it's a bigger tube. If you are running a NXS right now this will seem to be almost exact except just a bit bigger. The one I have been fondling has the MOAR reticle which is a bit thicker than the NP-R1 or NP-R2. And the crosshairs are a floating style. I do not personally see a reason to upgrade your NXS to this but if in the market for a new scope it is worth looking at. The BEAST is probably gonna run you a good bit more so it SFP is what your after this is the NF top dog.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member

Robert, what was your opinion on the MOAR reticle? I was thinking of trying it out on a hunting rifle. Currently, I run the NPr1 and 2 in my nightforce scopes. Do you have an opinion on the MOAR reticle for hunting vs targets? Does the numbering help?