Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

ATACR Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 AM

Re: ATACR Reviews

Any updates? Looking to pull the trigger on the ATACR over the NXS if results are good. You should send a bill to NF for marketing!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:37 AM
Platinum Member

I was thinking of getting one of these scopes, but I think I'll wait for the reviews. I love the NSX's that I own! I was hoping this new one would be better. I will just wait and see.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Academy View Post
I was thinking of getting one of these scopes, but I think I'll wait for the reviews. I love the NSX's that I own! I was hoping this new one would be better. I will just wait and see.
Guys the full review is coming very soon. I just received a new ATACR in MOA from Nightforce along with rings. It will be mounted on a new 29 1/2" 338 EDGE and taken a field. I will also have my tried and true 300 win with a 5.5~22x56 NXS side by side to compare as I go along. I have some tests in line for tracking, reticle accuracy and image quality. It will likely be a few weeks to complete as I want to do the image testing in different lights and weather conditions. So, that's were I am right now and I will work on this as much as I can. I don't want to rush this as I believe you need more than one trip out to really know what you have. So here we go.

Jeff
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Broz, you're the perfect guy for the T&E! I can't wait for the results.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Bronze Member

Let us know you're first hand thoughts on the reticle if you could. It's my only hold up at the moment. Small objects real far, I know your mindset is about like mine.

Tom
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Guys, I am on it! I want to do a full review in many conditions, testing, and lots of pics. So it will be at least 2 weeks unless I find more spare time.

Jeff
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Gold Member

Just order a 5-25x56 Atacr moar. Were can i get a bubble leval 34 mm with a cosine indicator that will go on the right side. Or just a cosine that will go on the right side. All my rifle have them on the left side with do not do me any good . My rifle are right hand but i shot left. All most blind in my right eye. Thanks Joe