Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

ATACR Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: ATACR Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boman View Post
Broz,

I am no optical expert but I was able to compare the ATACR are to a Premier a couple days ago. the store also had 30 mm NXS. I was able to compare all 3 together. I ran them through their full range of magnification from 40 yards to about 250 YDS. I was very impressed with the ATACR. it was every bit as crisp as the Premier. and I consider Premier to be the top of all Tac scopes. I had no problem focusing up close as others have mentioned. Overall I was extremely impressed and would not hesitate to buy one.
Awesome! Wow that sounds great! I am preparing to do a full review soon. I am really looking forward to running the ATACR through the course.

Thanks for the post, I do appreciate it.

Jeff
Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Gold Member

Welcome Broz. Im looking forward to your review, I know you'll put it through its paces.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Gold Member

I am also eagerly awaiting more reviews... Broz, especially yours. I'm just about ready to purchase the scope for my new LR rig but want to make sure I make the right decision.

I want to make sure the ATACR is worth the extra $$ and added weight over the tried and true NXS.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber338 View Post
I am also eagerly awaiting more reviews... Broz, especially yours. I'm just about ready to purchase the scope for my new LR rig but want to make sure I make the right decision.

I want to make sure the ATACR is worth the extra $$ and added weight over the tried and true NXS.
I will be starting it soon. The ATACR and rings are on the way to me and I will be putting it on a new 338 Edge with a 29.5" heavy barrel. Brass and dies are headed my way from Defensive EDGE too. The rifle is being set up for a ELR elk rifle. I plan to have my 300 win along with a 5.5~22x56 NXS zs to compare images at all distances. I have all I need except a few more 300 Berger OTM's or 300 Elite Hunters. I am looking for them now.

Jeff
Old 03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Gold Member

Excellent! And let me revise my last post ... not only am I looking forward to your ATACR review, I can't wait for your future posts about not only your rifle, but your elk hunts!

Just sitting here at work, smiling, thinking about all the fun a guy like you is gonna have with a gun like that...
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Silver Member

Broz,

I am included in this thread so it notified me of your post. Not trying to solicit your post, but letting you know I have several boxes of the 338 OTM 300's in stock at the moment. Just got a shipment in the other day. If you cannot find any where you normally go, look at our webstore and you can find them there.

Thanks Jeff.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Beck View Post
Broz,

I am included in this thread so it notified me of your post. Not trying to solicit your post, but letting you know I have several boxes of the 338 OTM 300's in stock at the moment. Just got a shipment in the other day. If you cannot find any where you normally go, look at our webstore and you can find them there.

Thanks Jeff.
PM in bound.

Thanks