Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

ATACR Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member

ATACR Reviews

I have not gotten my hands on a ATACR yet. I just told Shawn to get me one. But I know some of you have them and I have talked with a few. I am looking to hear field results or first hand testing of the new ATACR.

What are your impressions now that you have them in your hands?

How do they stack up next to the old tried and true NXS's?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Re: ATACR Reviews

Yes, as would I! Bump bump!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Silver Member

First impression was " WOW!!! That thing is big!!" 34mm tube definitely stands out, optics are crisp and clear. As for field testing, waiting on edge to be completed.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member

I am surprised. I thought more members would have these by now? I have talked in private to a couple owners, but only 3 people willing to tell what they think?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

I would like to see some pictures of the scope mounted and what height rings were used!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM

I have one with the MOAR rectical, it's my 1st NF but I'm really liking it.
I have not had it out to shoot, but looking through it at all powers it is clear from the center all the way to the outside edges. I tried to find any spots from the 12 o'clock all the way to the 11:59 o'clock where it would haze out starting at 5x and moving all the way up to 25x....Nothing.
My Buddy has all the high end scopes and he is also quit impressed with the clarity of the glass.
I have had it at dusk and scoping from my house around the neighborhood as it gets dark, I haven't had to turn on the rectical yet to see it.
I'm hoping to get out West and ring it out in early Spring.

Forgot to add, I mounted it on a Larue LT 158-34 quick release so I can use the same rifle for my Thor 640 Thermal (you can also use a ST 104-34)

Last edited by 1whobuys; 02-07-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: mount options
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whobuys View Post
I have one with the MOAR rectical, it's my 1st NF but I'm really liking it.
I have not had it out to shoot, but looking through it at all powers it is clear from the center all the way to the outside edges. I tried to find any spots from the 12 o'clock all the way to the 11:59 o'clock where it would haze out starting at 5x and moving all the way up to 25x....Nothing.
My Buddy has all the high end scopes and he is also quit impressed with the clarity of the glass.
I have had it at dusk and scoping from my house around the neighborhood as it gets dark, I haven't had to turn on the rectical yet to see it.
Thanks! And welcome to LRH. Have you tried to focus on anything close up like 50 yards? Just trying to see what kind of clarity it has on small objects close. Also can you focus in on something the size of a bullet hole at 200 or 300 yards?

Thank you for the post.

Jeff