Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Anyone using a Laser Technology TruPulse rangefinder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Silver Member

Anyone using a Laser Technology TruPulse rangefinder?

I've been reading up on these- Laser Technology - TruPulse 200 Rangefinder and the specs make them seem quite attractive for the $750 price tag. Anybody using them?

I was considering buying a Leica CRF 1600, but this is around the same price and is supposedly capable of 200o yard ranging on hard targets. The real deciding factor for me will be beam divergence, because my current Zeiss Victory PRF just can't pick out a coyote at distances past 5-600 yards.

Whaddaya think? Leica or Laser Technology?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Anyone using a Laser Technology TruPulse rangefinder?

I borrowed one from my work and was not impressed. The guys at work that use these have to use a reflector past 400 yards. I couldnt get the one I borrowed to give any readings past 500 yards. Excelent glass is the only good thing I can say.

Rob
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member

I lasered a 1736 yd target (juniper bush) this morning in mid morning sun with my 1600. Tha said, it wasn't always giving me readings but I wasn't a tripod, just bracing my elbows on a 2x6 rail. The 1600 also provides temp, pressure and angle.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I lasered a 1736 yd target (juniper bush) this morning in mid morning sun with my 1600. Tha said, it wasn't always giving me readings but I wasn't a tripod, just bracing my elbows on a 2x6 rail. The 1600 also provides temp, pressure and angle.
Does the 1600 actually display the temperature, pressure, and angle, or does it just account for it with the ballistic program?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskShooter View Post
Does the 1600 actually display the temperature, pressure, and angle, or does it just account for it with the ballistic program?
Mine displays it.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Silver Member

I dont know about the other guys but that looks like a Dead Ringer for the G-7 only its less than half the price, Just a thought???

John
Old 05-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
I dont know about the other guys but that looks like a Dead Ringer for the G-7 only its less than half the price, Just a thought???

John
The True Pulse 360R is the platform the G7 is built on. It is a whole different animal than the True Pulse 200

Rob