Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope?

Mine will be in hand tomorrow from the tracking info UPS sent. But mine is the Midway Viper HS 5x15 mil/mil not the version your asking, I'm pretty excited my rings came today and base last week .
I called Midway the day they posted back order would be filled. They said they were going to call me to verify I still wanted it. I was like #2 on a long list of backorders for that scope. I guess I'm not the only guy who thought it was a good deal on what is said to be a great scope. I'll see tomorrow.

Gene
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

i've had very good customer service also from Vortex. i now have a 4-16 HS the regular version, to be honest, i like it better than the LR but to each his own. i have performed a tracking test 2 times with this scope and i would put it up against a Nightforce with repeatability. all things considered i would put this scope up against scopes costing twice as much. the shortages of product are a result of many people believing Vortex is the best value in scopes that is out there.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Gold Member

I received my 5X15 Vortek from Midway yesterday, looks good
Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 PM

I have a buddy that has this scope on a 338 rum, it has broken 3 times, I thought about getting one, not now, gonna be a Elite 6500 for me....
Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Silver Member

Finally got mine after USPS seemed to miss place it! Went to range today, Shot it in on my 270wsm. Three shots, Dailed right in. I installed zero stop, good to go. I just need to work with drops for 270 w/ mil clicks. The click seemed good but I didn't do box test. Also want to check the balllistic calculator on vortex site. All in all I like it.

Gene
Old 04-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Silver Member

So how good is the Viper HS compared to the Viper HS LR. It looks like the come both in 30mm tube except the lower priced HS is 1/4 inch adjust and has less elevation and windage adjustment. Other than this is there a consernable difference. Also the LR has the zero stop. I've been looking at the 4x16x50. It seem all the rave are about the HS LR model with 1/2 adjustments. Is the regular HS just as good with less elevation/windage adjustment? Please respond cause I would like to know. Thanks...
Old 04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachsmann View Post
So how good is the Viper HS compared to the Viper HS LR. It looks like the come both in 30mm tube except the lower priced HS is 1/4 inch adjust and has less elevation and windage adjustment. Other than this is there a consernable difference. Also the LR has the zero stop. I've been looking at the 4x16x50. It seem all the rave are about the HS LR model with 1/2 adjustments. Is the regular HS just as good with less elevation/windage adjustment? Please respond cause I would like to know. Thanks...
I don't have the other to compare side by side but. I think the Lr has the edge due to zs and twice the elevation per rotation. If you don't care about that or the capped turrets then price is probably the only deciding factor. Then again if you want both windage and elevation to be uncapped and can deal mil/mil with one less magnification on each end the Midway model is the way togo. It's like a pst for almost 1/2 the price. IMO, the later fits my budget better and gives me the features I desire. I'm going to order another one before the sale ends and put on new rifle build I have going now. They're back ordered till 6/30.

Gene