Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope?

Ordered a 4-16 x 50 hs lr from opticsplanet in December when i ordered the website said nothing about not being in stock so I placed order, 2 days later i got an email that said 2 to 3 weeks and they would have them back in stock. In the beginning of Febuary I emailed optics planet and was told March 5th they would be available, still nothing called customer service and was told I was number 2 on their list when they recieve next order from Vortex around April 20th. Is anyone else having the same issue i am getting this scope? I really think this scope is a great scope for the money when i placed order they were $539 now they are $599 and I was told I would still get mine at $539 so hopefully it will be here in late April, the gun is sitting all ready to go just need some glass for it.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope?

It's a Vortex issue. Don't worry you are not the only one waiting. So are a lot of people through out the country.

We've been getting the same story from Vortex not only on that scope but many other different scopes as well.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Bronze Member

I've been watching and waiting for them to come back in stock at several places so I can order a second one for my Bushmaster AR. I have one on my semi-custom Savage 10FP and absolutely love it. You won't be disappointed with the wait once you get yours.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champberetta View Post
Ordered a 4-16 x 50 hs lr from opticsplanet in December when i ordered the website said nothing about not being in stock so I placed order, 2 days later i got an email that said 2 to 3 weeks and they would have them back in stock. In the beginning of Febuary I emailed optics planet and was told March 5th they would be available, still nothing called customer service and was told I was number 2 on their list when they recieve next order from Vortex around April 20th. Is anyone else having the same issue i am getting this scope? I really think this scope is a great scope for the money when i placed order they were $539 now they are $599 and I was told I would still get mine at $539 so hopefully it will be here in late April, the gun is sitting all ready to go just need some glass for it.

I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for $950 a month ago from cameralandny.com. I was told it would be delivered to my home in two weeks. Now, I am contemplating canceling the order and buying another brand. If their customer service is as bad as their production backlog, I may should have bought another Leupold or Meopta.

I have Leupold, Zeiss and others, but was looking for a different long-range scope. Any suggestions that are less than $1,000?

Jim Hood
Old 04-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhoodag View Post
I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for $950 a month ago from cameralandny.com. I was told it would be delivered to my home in two weeks. Now, I am contemplating canceling the order and buying another brand. If their customer service is as bad as their production backlog, I may should have bought another Leupold or Meopta.

I have Leupold, Zeiss and others, but was looking for a different long-range scope. Any suggestions that are less than $1,000?

Jim Hood
The people at Cameraland (Doug) are really good people to deal with! Their customer service is excellent. Vortex is the one who is behind in production!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhoodag View Post
I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for $950 a month ago from cameralandny.com. I was told it would be delivered to my home in two weeks.
Jim Hood

I have been waiting for one too. I talked to Doug last Thursday and he said Vortex told him it would be around 2 more weeks. I already one Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle and I know it will be worth the wait.

I feel there is no scope that compares to this scope for the features, glass, tracking and price.

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Gold Member

It will be worth the wait. Theres a reason they are so far behind. I think Vortex has about the best customer service I have ever dealt with. We own a few PST Vipers and decided to order a couple of the discontinued crossfires for our plinkers. They had the wrong turrets on them. Called Vortex. They said they had a shipment go out that had the wrong turrets on them in within two days I had two sets of turrets on my door. By the way those 8-32x50 Crossfires for 129.00 from cameralandny, are dang sure worth the money. Good glass and repeatable. They just cant handle a lot of recoil. Good luck.