Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Any Opinions on "Newcon Optik" rangefinders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Any Opinions on "Newcon Optik" rangefinders?

So my old Nikon won't read quite far enough for me anymore...
I was browsing around the web and the super cheap prices of these Newcon Optik rangefinders caught my eye. I'm seeing LRM 1500's and LRM 1800's for anywhere from $300 to $400 ???? Question is are they any good?

I like the price tag, but don't want a rangefinder that acts cheap as well...

Thanks...

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Re: Any Opinions on "Newcon Optik" rangefinders?

Just ordered a 1500 and it'll be here Monday. I'll post a review.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

I had a 3000 a few years back. Heavy, bulky. and like looking through a jug of milk. Large beam, large aiming reticle, needless to say I didn't own it long. I have lost count of how many Rf's I have tested over the years. I still say the best deal for a good RF start with a used Leica 1200 CRF-Y. I have picked up a few of them for around $400 shipped. Next would be the Leica 1600 CRF for $659. new.

Good luck

Jeff
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

My 1500 will range the back of a semi at 1400 yards. It will also pick up a small road sign at that range. My buddy has a Zeiss Victory and they were about the same on cows, farm houses , etc. I don't think it will pick up deer much past 600. On clear days it will probably pick up bushes, rocks, etc out well past 1000 yards.

It is a lot better than the other cheap rangefinders I've had but not as good as a Leica 1600 by any means(I've ranged rocks and trees out to 1500 with one). It is also pretty big. It takes a common 9v battery though which I think is a positive. For the money I don't think it can be beat.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
....I still say the best deal for a good RF start with a used Leica 1200 CRF-Y. I have picked up a few of them for around $400 shipped. Next would be the Leica 1600 CRF for $659. new.

Good luck

Jeff
Thanks, that's got to be the most common answer I've seen as I've looked through other threads and posts: Leica

They must have their ducks in a row Thanks for the input!

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Silver Member

i have the bigger one and i love it it ranges like 2500yds and does speed and elevation and all that good stuff like mentioned the beam is very wide, but i laser things around my target so it wont bother me usually when ranging i am in a hurry and like the wide beam because you wont have to be compleatly still to get a good range. I love mine.