Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Any one every deal with US Optics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: Any one every deal with US Optics?

Just don't listen to all of JW's hocus pocus. Order a catalog and then order the scope. All of the features are listed in the catalog and it is much easier to see what is going on.

I have two ST10's on order they will be coming with new prototyped knobs that have just been released that have 46 MOA per revolution with 1/2 MOA clicks, will be able to go from 100-1100 yards with my 308 win in one revolution, doesn't get much simpler than that.

John Williams definitely doesn't have any good customer service skills and comes across as a big JERK, but I have heard enough good things about their scopes that I decided to go for it. They definitely are top dollar and I will let you know if they are worth the extra cash over the NXS, but I probably won't get them back for another two months.

The main feature that looks appealing to me is the Ergo focus, They claim that you can use it for range estimation out to 2000 yards (when the target is in focus look at the focus ring and it tells you the distance), would be really cool if it works like they say.

[ 03-16-2002: Message edited by: sr90 ]
Old 03-17-2002, 12:51 AM

Any one every deal with US Optics?

I cant believe this company. I have been trying for the last 2 months to order an SN-9, but every time I call I get Dr. Williams and he virtually talks me into a stupor. Too much technical info. All I want to do is order the scope. Im a simple guy and my needs on a new scope are few. I cannot believe they stay in business.I give up, Im taking my 3 grand, buying a Nightforce, and puting the rest in my savings account. Anyone else have difficulties with this company? Just curious.