Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Another ring height question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

Location: NY, #50 on the all time best States to live in! and droppin' fast! :)
Another ring height question.

Is there a table or chart where one could determine the shortest possible ring height for Nightforce scopes, ultralight rings and their steel base'.

I plan on aquiring a NXS 5.5x22-56 in the near future. I'll most likely use their UL rings to mount the scope and their steel one piece base's on two different Remington 700s; one LA and one SA. For a while the scope is going to do double duty.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Pete
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

Re: Another ring height question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
Is there a table or chart where one could determine the shortest possible ring height for Nightforce scopes, ultralight rings and their steel base'.

I plan on aquiring a NXS 5.5x22-56 in the near future. I'll most likely use their UL rings to mount the scope and their steel one piece base's on two different Remington 700s; one LA and one SA. For a while the scope is going to do double duty.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Pete
I don't have an absolute answer for you, but on many occasions in the past, I've gone directly to the manufacturers website and looked for a means of contacting someone at their website to ask a question I can't find the answer to anyplace else. I even contacted a manufacturer in Sweden a few months ago & received an answer in less than a week. Often times manufacturers manufacture a product for a specific reason and the've already done the market research beforehand. They don't want to manufacture something they can't make a profit on. I suspect you might get and answer from NXS. Give it a shot.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

depending on where you get the scope from they will be able to get you into the proper ring height.

looks like you will need the nightforce low. (.886)

Nightforce Riflescopes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Tracy' and Marine' I emailed NightForce and SportOptic with the question and am waiting for their replys. Should see in a day or two.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

I am able to use the low rings with the 50mm scopes, but the 2 - 56's that I have required the medium and even high rings on one gun.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Gold Member

You will need at least the med. rings I have the same set up with the 20moa one piece base I opted for the high rings, as the bikini type scope cover they supply was a pain in the butt to get off and on with the med. Scope height is 2.7" Hope this helps, you can call nightforce direct they are more than willing to answer any questions.

Rick
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Rick' Thanks SBruce. I'm getting these very same answers from a number of sources though nothing is truely definitive. Before spending $2500 or so on glass and hardware, ect, I just want to know I'm ordering the correct parts. I have emails out to NF. Again, thanks for the help.