Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Angle cosine indicator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Silver Member

Angle cosine indicator

Angle cosine indicator at the LRH Store

I hunt in the mountains where one of these could be useful, but live in flatter country with limited opportunity to practice steep shots. Is there a chart or ballistics program that can be used to make a chart to fit my rifle? It would make a trip to practice shooting steep angles more profitable if I had a chart to give me an idea where to start.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by edited by; 05-18-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Angle cosine indicator

Go here and play around with angles etc. JBM - Calculations - Trajectory

Shooting at angles is no different than shooting flat after proper calculations and clicks are made. The secret for me is to get a "feel" for how much of an angle I'm shooting.

Hmmmm, I just clicked on the link and the "my" data for the 338 RUM and Berger Hybrids came up. I wonder what that means??
Old 07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Silver Member

That is a valuable website, thanks for the tip.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
I hunt in the mountains where one of these could be useful, but live in flatter country with limited opportunity to practice steep shots. Is there a chart or ballistics program that can be used to make a chart to fit my rifle? It would make a trip to practice shooting steep angles more profitable if I had a chart to give me an idea where to start.

Thanks for the help.

When looking for a program make sure it is compatible with a Angle Cosine Indicator because some want the measurement in degrees which would mean you would need a Angle Degree Indicator.