Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

ACI w/ SCOPE MOUNT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: ACI w/ SCOPE MOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpbroun5 View Post
AJ,
Do you also have a level on that beauty? If so, how did you mount it?
Paul

Yes, I have US Optics Scope level mounted on the rail just in front of the rear rings. I had to shim the level when I installed it on the rail, because the bubble was not perfectly installed in the mount. I shimmed it with aluminum from a pop can that I hammered thinner until I got it just right. Just fyi.

I can see both the bubble and the ACI from my prone shooting position with a minimal of head movement.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives

Last edited by AJ Peacock; 09-13-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member

i have the Horus Vision version and i didn't particularly care for at first because it bulges out the side rather far because it's a bulkier item than the ACI most use. found a cheap weaver mount in my junk box that moved it closer to the scope and some protective pads that i have around my scope to protect the turrets, ACL, and my crosshair locking device that all stick out from the scope making them vulnerable when the gun goes in and out of the scabbard. of course i've used it a little and rather like it now. the main reason i like the Horus is because it also gives the angle as well as the cosine equivalent. reason being is i hunt by myself and when it's time to find something on the other mountain, i take not only a compass reading but an angle reading to help find the spot. this really helps zero you in on where the animal is. it also has the level on it, which is one less piece hanging off the scope. it's not as sensitive as the other bubble i've used in the past but i think it works just as well.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
trueblue,

On a phone call speaking with the man responsible for the ACI, he advised me not to mount it on the scope if it was a one inch tube. He said it would not be a problem with the 30mm tube like AJ Peacock is using.
Just something to keep in mind.

Why not mount on a 1" tube?