Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Is 50 MOA enough?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Is 50 MOA enough?

No, you didn't ruffle my feathers. I have just screwed up a gun nearly every way possible and know lots of things that are not wise to try to do. All of that stuff is by my personal experience.

Take a look at the Burris website and the rings. They do what they are advertised to do.

One note is that Burris coats them and the screws with a lot of oil. You need to degrease everything including the inside threads or else you will have things start to work loose at very inconvenient times (one more thing I have done wrong in my life).

I should be receiveing a set from Graf tomorrow being as I am doing exactly what I advised you to do. A zero cant base and Burris rings with inserts.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

BB,

[ QUOTE ]
After you get it glassed go outside and grab a brick and whack your self upside the head several time for forgetting to put on the release agent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't beleive you're doing this to me, I got me a 20 MOA base for my 300 RUM Sendero, on top of that I used the Burris Signature Rings just because I needed LOTS of adjustment. I glassed the tappered base to insure perfect contact all the way, but I'm not 100% sure if I used release agent!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I Think I did!!!! LOL .... I hope I did! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I never thought I'd be laughing so much over this.... I guess I hate... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] the Idea of whacking the side of my head with a brick!!!!!

BB, you do this when I was begining to like you!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

DONTSTROKEME,

You'll be happy with the Burris Signature rings. I have two 300 Remingtons Ultra Mags that are using them and I'm very happy with them. Two years ago I went to Colorado Elk hunting; it was a rough trip and shook the garbage out of the rifles in the truck, when we got home, Nevada, my rifle was still dead on target. Just don't forget to buy the extra inserts for about $10.00 bucks more and as BB said, get the oil out of everything including the inserts.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions, the worst that can happen BB will give me a heart attack!
Good Luck!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Silver Member

On my last gun I bought a 10moa farrell base and they even made me one in silver so i could have a little extra room without having to go to 20. My normal shooting is less than 250 but I got a new barrel and wanted to be able to play a little bit.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

listen to bob man he knows by experience !!!!! the only one I know that is still trying for match grade accuracy out of a factory ruger 10/22 barrel.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Silver Member

Which base would be the best for the money? I can't find the burris bases in stock anywhere?

Joe Oakes
Old 06-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Bronze Member

I am impressed with my Farrell. I put a 20 moa on my 308 and used the non concentric burris inserts. my 4.5-14 buckmaster was bottomed out at about 450. The elev adj was centered at 1k. That was a little much but both base and rings are great. I've got 3 sets of zee rings now. 1 on a 700 with some funky problems. I've got the +/-20 insert in the back for elev correction and the +/- 10 in the front for windage. The rings work just like burris says.